Episode 74 : Apropos of Nothing

Talk about the shows

Episode 74 : Apropos of Nothing

Postby Ayla » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm

where Justin takes Andy's advice on what to name the episode...
D, world destruction
Over and overture
N, do I need
Apostrophe T, need this torture?
Ayla
Mayor

Re: Episode 74 : Apropos of Nothing

Postby Eli » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 am

Where is the Tortugas restaurant? Google isn't being helpful.

Here are some game recommendations for you:

A Fist Full of Penguins is a cute dice-rolling game. You try to match up animals to get the most points. Lions give you points. Other dice get you points, but only if you didn't keep any lions. Kangaroos give you exponential points. The penguins let you reroll your dice or grab more dice to roll. It's a simple game that can still appeal to gamers. You won't find it in normal stores, but Time Well Spent has it http://www.timewellspentgames.com/html/ ... hp?id=4011

Martian Dice is a more simple dice rolling game. You press your luck trying to abduct people and animals without getting overrun by the military.

Castle Panic is a fairly simple cooperative game with a cool board. You're defending a castle against orcs, trolls, and goblins using cards to fight back. I bought it, but only played it once. It was too easy for me, but I think it would be good for a family. Here's a video showing the general gameplay: http://youtu.be/By2vJ3566dE

Sorry! Sliders. You can find a Cars 2 version at Target, etc. It has nothing to do with the Sorry! board game. You're flicking little tokens around a race track.

Qwirkle is basically scrabble for 5 year olds. You're laying orthogonal tiles and trying to match either colors or shapes (but not both.) It's really simple to learn, but fun for even adult gamers.

For Sale/No Thanks. These card games are fun little games that might be worth trying out. I don't know how well they play with kids, but my adult family has had fun with them.
Eli
White Belt

Re: Episode 74 : Apropos of Nothing

Postby TheTransient » Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 am

Sorry for not being in the forums in the past several months. Life has been in the way to such an extent I have had barely enough time for Wombatcast recordings. The restaurant used to be called Teleras Deli Mexicana off of 88th an Washington on the SE corner. It is not Las Tortugas and very yummy.
TheTransient
White Belt

Return to Episode Discussions